Remember that guy who was so good at Super Smash Bros on the Wii U that he got a bounty on him? Anyone who beat him in a tournament would get $500. Well, that didn’t happen.
Gonzalo “Zero” Barrios, who has won every singe Super Smash Bros tournament since November 2014, has emerged victorious once again in the big EVO tournament that just wrapped up.
Barrios extended his win streak to an impressive 35 consecutive wins, and it’s turning into a profitable business for him: the first place finish at EVO netted him $11,500.
In addition to winning at EVO, he also set a record at the event by not losing a single game during his entire run. Check out a video above of his final win.
Here are the full results of the EVO Super Smash Bros Wii U tournament (and their winnings):
1. ZeRo (Diddy Kong, Sheik) – $11,556
2. LLL | Mr. R (Sheik) – $3,852
3. Nairo (Zero Suit Samus)- $1,926
4. Abadongo (Wario) – $770.40
5. Ally (Mario) – $385.20
5. Dabuz (Rosalina) – $385.20
7. FOW (Ness) – $192.60
7. ESAM (Pikachu) – $192.60
- Nintendo Switch has strong third party suppor
- Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch
- Darksiders remastered version coming to Wii U
- Indie puzzle game Mr. Pumpkin Adventure comin
TAGS: Nintendo, Super Smash Bros, wii u