Splatoon’s big August update brought several new features to Splatoon this month, but another update is bringing more balance changes. Announced on Twitter and translated with the help of reddit, the update is slated to be about 600MB in size and contains several fixes for maps, including wall clipping problems with certain specials and terrain glitches.
Here’s a full look at the patch notes:
- Arowana Mall: Adjusted terrain in one place to prevent squids from going through, all modes (presumably talking about this ledge glitch)
- Camp Triggerfish: Terrain adjustments to prevent players from directly jumping to the opponent’s side, Turf War and Splat Zones
Main Weapon adjustments
- All Rollers: While moving, the movement of the field of view when raising the roller overhead has been fixed. The problem in question was changed in Ver. 2.0.0; this corrects it to be the same movement as in Ver. 1.3.0.
Sub Weapon adjustments
- Splash Wall: In the situation a bomb hits the enemy’s Splash Wall, players standing on the other side of the Wall would receive damage. This has been corrected.
Ranked rule adjustments
- In Tower Control, if both team’s counts (goal distances) are extremely close, in spite of differences between the counts, the on-screen display denoting the counts/numbers would show the same numbers. This has been fixed.
- In Tower Control, after advancing the tower to the same count, the enemy was unable to take the lead in the situation the tower was then taken. This was changed to behave as it did pre-Ver. 1.3.0. (referring to this situation)
- In Ver. 2.0.0 it was “the team that takes the lead’s count is decreased by 1,” while before Ver. 1.3.0 it was “the team who had the lead taken from them’s count is increased by 1.”
- The problem of receiving Error 104-2230 after downloading the Ver. 2.0.0 update was fixed.
- Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience.
It seems as if the connection problems some people have been experiencing since the August update have been squashed as well, so hopefully people will stop getting dropped in the middle of matches. Are you excited about these changes?
- Nintendo Switch has strong third party suppor
- Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch
- Darksiders remastered version coming to Wii U
- Indie puzzle game Mr. Pumpkin Adventure comin