We already know Super Mario Maker broke the 1 million sold barrier in less than a month worldwide, but now that September’s NPD Group numbers are out for the United States, we can see just how well the game did at retail.
According to the top ten software chart released by the group, Super Mario Maker clocked in at number six on the charts for the month, below heavy hitters like MGS V: The Phantom Pain, and Destiny’s newest expansion, The Taken King. Still, it’s the only Wii U exclusive title that charted.
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Destiny: The Taken King (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
- Mad Max (PS4, Xbox One)
- NHL 16 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
For retail sales, the game managed to sell 445k units according to Nintendo, but adding in digital sales brings that number to more than 500k in the United States alone. Obviously the US makes up a huge percentage of Nintendo’s market, so it’s head-scratchingly frustrating to see some of the decisions Nintendo of America has made with the release of games.
- Check out these awesome themed Nintendo Switc
- Nintendo: Switch is a new platform, not a suc
- WiiUDaily's Big Switch
- Rumored Nintendo Switch specs reveal a pretty
TAGS: Nintendo, npd group, super mario maker, wii u