Nintendo surprised fans across the globe when they revealed a female Link known as Linkle will be a playable character in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors Legends for 3DS and Wii U. Western fans reacted both positively and negatively to the news of the inclusion, but how did Japan react? Legends of Localization took it upon themselves to translate some of the Japanese fan reactions to the game.
First, there were some positive reactions to the big reveal, such as:
- Wouldn’t it be neat if it turned out Link was a girl all along, like with Samus?
- Surprisingly cute!
- I wonder if they’ll call her “Linket” overseas
- She’s cute! She reminds me of elves from Dragon Quest
- I wonder if she’ll be added to Smash Bros. eventually
Some fans expressed concerns about the overall design of the character, too.
- She’s cute, but there’s something I don’t like about her
- A crossbow in both hands is stupid
- Just an aside, but female versions of male characters are a common sight in American comics too. I guess perverted minds go beyond things like countries, races, and religions lol
- Seems like a crossdresser
- A crossbow in both hands? How does she reload then?
- Linkle, a child born of Link and Tingle. Which means…
So it looks like the reaction to the new character was pretty mixed across the globe. What do you think for the reveal? Do you wish Nintendo had worked on a different character from the Legend of Zelda series instead of this, or are you happy with the female version? Think Linkle will be selectable in the upcoming open-world Zelda game?
- Rumor: Nintendo Switch does not support exter
- Mario Kart 8 sales hit 8 million units worldw
- Wii U has sold 560,000 units so far this (fis
- Nintendo Switch trailer doesn’t represe
TAGS: hyrule warriors, linkle, Nintendo, wii u