Members of the amiibo community on reddit have found a new way to glitch Smash. We’ve already seen some interesting glitches in the game, but this new one takes the cake as it allows you to control all 8 players simultaneously with some interesting results. Watch the video above to see it in action.
Want to attempt this yourself to see what it’s like controlling all 8 players at once? Follows these instructions:
- Have 8 amiibo.
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller preferably).
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode.
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”.
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it.
- Scan your amiibo.
- Plug the controller back in.
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the Player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo. Nothing out of the ordinary, but trust me, it’s working.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo.
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are). Then simply exit.
- Enjoy controlling 8 characters simultaneously!
No telling how long the glitch will be active as Nintendo usually patches these up pretty quickly once they’re discovered, so if you want to play around with it you’ll probably need to be quick.
- Rumored Nintendo Switch specs reveal a pretty
- Nintendo Switch has strong third party suppor
- Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch
- Darksiders remastered version coming to Wii U
TAGS: Nintendo, Super Smash Bros, wii u