The Wii U is still the best-selling console of this generation in Japan, thanks to the latest charts from the region. A look at sales for each console through the latest holiday period shows the Wii U maintains a 57% market share lead over Sony’s PlayStation 4, which only commands 42% of the market. The Xbox One sits at less than 1% of market share. So what does that look like in real numbers?
- Wii U Total Sales: 3,020,227
- PlayStation 4 Total Sales: 2,261,079
- Xbox One Total Sales: 64,543
Microsoft obviously sent the Xbox One out to die when they released it in Japan, but the Wii U is still holding its own against the PlayStation 4 in the region. Of course, the Wii U has been out longer so it’s possible the PS4 will eclipse this in the future, a strong game catalogue has certainly helped the Wii U this holiday season.
- Nintendo Switch trailer doesn’t represe
- Analyst: Nintendo Switch could cost $250 and
- Check out these awesome themed Nintendo Switc
- Nintendo: Switch is a new platform, not a suc
TAGS: Nintendo, wii u, wii u japan