In their latest issue, Japanese publication Famitsu recently released their sales estimates for digital games on the Wii U eShop, where they ranked the top selling games in January. or rather, the games they believed to be the top selling, based on their data and research.
And according to Famitsu, Minecraft is by far the most popular download on the WIi U eShop, selling an estimated 71,722 copies in January. That’s way ahead of number two on the list, Monster Hunter X, with 13.511 copies sold.
Here’s Famitsu’s complete list. Note that these are their estimates, since Nintendo doesn’t release sales numbers for the eShop (neither does any other platform holder).
- Minecraft: Wii U Edition (71,722)
- Monster Hunter X (13,511)
- Monster Strike (6,798)
- Splatoon (5,130)
- Zelda Musou: Hyrule All-Stars (4,832)
- Super Mario Maker (4,593)
- Rhythm Tengoku The Best (2,711)
- Yokai Watch Busters (2,643)
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (2,587)
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (2,040)
- WiiUDaily's Big Switch
- Rumored Nintendo Switch specs reveal a pretty
- Nintendo Switch has strong third party suppor
- Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch