The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is slated for Wii U release within “the coming months” according to a Nicalis press release. No specific date was mentioned, but there are several improvements coming to the Wii U version, including new challenges, new room designs, new weapon combos and more. Here’s the run-down of what’s coming in the Wii U release of the game.
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for high score/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items-not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards-taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- New secret transformations!
Uber secrets including:
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses
- NES Mini console gets new trailer, Japan gets
- Nintendo kicks off Paper Mario Color Splash a
- PS4 surpasses Wii U in lifetime sales in Japa
- Paper Mario Color Splash gets new story trail
TAGS: edmund mcmillan, Nicalis, Nintendo, the binding of isaac, wii u