Nintendo has released its annual report, where the company reported revenues of $4.4 billion, and net operating income at $290 million for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016.
They also revealed console sales during the fiscal year, which were:
- 3DS global hardware sales: 6.79 million
- Wii U global hardware sales: 3.26 million
- 3DS global software sales: 48.52 million
- Wii U global software sales: 27.36 million
The report also revealed that Nintendo currently has just over 5,000 employees worldwide.
There was also a single mention of the upcoming Nintendo NX console in the report. It read: “Nintendo is also devoted to the development of a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept, which will be launched in March 2017 globally.”
You can read the full report here (PDF).
- Yooka-Laylee looks gorgeous in new gameplay v
- Report: European retailers can’t order
- Report: Nintendo NX production to be at 9-10
- Free games bundle released on Wii U