To see just how important “Mario” is as a brand for Nintendo, one only has to look at last week’s top 20 best selling games on the Wii U eShop.
The list is dominated by Mario games, where 7 out of the top 10 games are Mario titles, and 13 out of 20 are Mario titles.
Only one third part game was in the top 20: Minecraft.
Here’s the complete list of the best selling games on the Wii U eShop last week:
1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
3. Super Mario RPG
4. Minecraft: Wii U Editoin
5. Super Mario 64
6. Super Mario Galaxy
7. Super Mario 3D World
8. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
9. Super Mario World
10. Super Mario Bros. 3
11. Zelda II – The Adventure of Link
12. Super Mario Maker
13. Mario Party 10
14. Paper Mario
15. Wave Race 64
16. Zelda: A Link to the Past
17. Mario Sports Mix
18. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
19. Pokken Tournament
20. Super Mario 64 DS
- Nintendo kicks off Paper Mario Color Splash a
- PS4 surpasses Wii U in lifetime sales in Japa
- Paper Mario Color Splash gets new story trail
- The original Pikmin is coming to Wii U eShop
TAGS: Nintendo, wii u, wii u eshop