Miiverse is the Mii Universe for the Nintendo Wii U. It’s a social network for the Wii U where players can connect and socialize with their Mii avatars and characters. Players can add messages like Twitter, control their interactions via the Wii U GamePad controller, send updates, and more. Miiverse users can also send hand written messages and images via the Wii U stylus. Players can alos add facial expressions to their Miis to express how they feel. They can also upload screenshots and videos they have created from playing Wii U games. Miiverse is native to the Wii U platform. This makes it possible to be accessed and used from all games, and game developers will be able to build upon the Miiverse network. The new social network doesn’t require the main screen, and can be used on the Wii U GamePad alone. Miiverse is also possible on other platforms, such as tablets, PCs, laptops and smartphones.
- Connect with other players and their Miis
- Chat, send texts, videos and screenshots to friends and others
- Video chat via the Wii U GamePad tablet controller
- Will be available on PCs, tablets, and smartphones in the future
- Twitter-like update feature.
- Send hand written messages and drawn images to others
- Game developers can add Miiverse features to their games
- Miiverse is available during gameplay simply by pressing the Home button.
Miiverse will be key part of the Wii U console and will be available at launch. The social network will connect players who have Mii profiles on the same system, and connect players from around the world via the Nintendo Network. Miiverse will be free to use for all Wii U players and won’t carry a price nor a subscription plan. Miiverse is based on web-browser technologies, which means it will be accessible from any browser enabled device in the world, including phones, tablets, and more.